As you can imagine, commercial roofing is a very competitive industry; you only have to look around to see just how many factories and warehouses there are, and if you are about to have a factory or warehouse designed and constructed, there is a lot to take into account. Here are a few important aspects to look for in a commercial roofing company.
- Established Within the Local Community – When dealing with a commercial roofing contractor, it is vital that they are established in the area and have a solid reputation in the industry. When looking for commercial roofing quotes in Perth, for example, check out some of the client reviews to be found on the roofing company’s website, as this is a good indication of what to expect.
- The Right Attitude – If a company is customer focused, this should be evident from the very first contact, and if you get the feeling that the company do not really have your best interests at heart, then you should look elsewhere. A ‘can do’ attitude really does make a difference and this makes the client feel like nothing is too much trouble.
- Building Associations & Federations – This is one way to accurately gauge a company’s business practices, as any building federation would thoroughly scrutinise any company that applies for membership. Affiliations do give a business added credibility, so look for a contractor that is a member of well-known associations or federations.
- Warranty – Of course, you do want a solid warranty on both materials and labour, and any established roofing contractor would be offering a lengthy warranty. This is something you should enquire about, plus it makes sense to really go through the contract’s terms and conditions, to ensure that you are protected.
- After Sales Service – Once your roof is completed, you will require some kind of maintenance schedule and the contractor should offer a maintenance service, whereby they visit at regular intervals and carry out any necessary repairs. Once a maintenance schedule is agreed, you can relax, safe in the knowledge that your roof is being monitored on a regular basis.
- Roofing Materials – Of course, there are many materials that can be used for commercial roofing, so you do need to look at all of your options, which is something an established roofing contractor can help you with. Every material has its pluses and minuses, whether it is cost, durability or even aesthetics, and you should take your time and examine all of the options before making any decisions.
Regardless of the roofing material you choose, you should do some background research on all of the roofing companies you ask to quote for the project, while comparing each, looking for the best overall package. Choosing the right contractor is half the battle, and with their help, the perfect design can be created and once an agreement has been reached, you can look forward to the completion date.